Celtic Bart

my life ~ celtic tiger ~ random thoughts

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Party on the Seine

This weekend im in paris visiting my dad who is here on business. I arrived late last night and headed straight for the latin quarter where i had a crepe followed by some watered-down wine and shisha. In addition to the l'eau-avec-vin scam, they also charged us 2 euro for an extra coal...so i decided to leave the tourist area and head for the hotel. Walking along the seine, i came accross a bridge (that crosses the river) which had a few hundred university-aged people partying on it. The sides of the bridge was decorated with artwork and people were either sitting in big circles or standing and chatting...drinking large quantities of french wine of course. Had i not been tired i would have stayed to enjoy this very unique party. Today i bought a kilo or two of various french cheeses which ill bring back and enjoy in dublin.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Too bad I'm no longer in Paris... Oh and by the way, it's "La Seine", not "La Siene" :D

    Cheers.

     
  • At 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Bart
    Are you going to any of the World cup game? Do you know what I am in London with Lisa now, I am planing to go to visit Irene and Rose and on the way to Barcelona maybe I can visit you in Dublin... what do you think? it would be on the 10th (saturday) and i will leave on the 12th tell me what do you think.

    Mayra
    mayraagap@yahoo.com

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger Bartek Kunowski said…

    my bad...looks like the "i before e except after c" rule doesnt work well in french :)

    mayra, mi casa es su casa!

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
    »

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home