Celtic Bart

my life ~ celtic tiger ~ random thoughts

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Football

All these posts about sports, you'd think i was a big sports fan. Outside of north america, football (errr soccer) is _the_ sport. a couple days ago i was walking down the main street in dublin looking for stores that sell maps (im looking to put a world map on my wall...but that's another story altogether). finally someone points me to a large bookstore. i walk inside and it's absolutely packed with people...my immediate thought is, how on earth are they going to prevent people from stealing books? anyway, all of a sudden i hear a loud cheer from the back of the store where most of the people are concentrated...so i go over for a look, and sitting down signing copies of his new autobiography is Pelé. Yes Pelé. So there i am, Mr. Pelé is a few steps away, but im hungry, and instead of picking up a copy of his book and waiting in line like the rest of the lemmings, i went home to eat lunch...told you i'm not much of a sports fan.

To redeem myself, today after work im going to a Chilé vs Ireland football match. Yes, both teams didn't even qualify for the world cup, but the tickets are free.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You SOB. I can't believe you saw Pele in person. I would kill to have the chance to talk to him.

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Lisa & Ida said…

    Nooooo! Don't say you had the chance to get the autograph of Pelé himself!! I agree with your friend who wrote the first comment, how could you? :)

    Take care
    Ida

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Bartek Kunowski said…

    And what would i/you say to him? "Mister Pele sir, i love football and i've also been rio" lol

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
    »

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home