Celtic Bart

my life ~ celtic tiger ~ random thoughts

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Taxes Done Right

Everyone hates taxes, not just paying them, but the laborious task of actually doing them. I've filed in both Canada (with the help of an accountant) and the USA (on my own) and both processes have put gray hairs on my head. Everyone stresses and complains but finally the taxes are filed and you try to erase all memory of this process until the following year. Ahhh but there is a better way. In ireland, all that is required is to fill out a very-easy-to-understand 2 page document when you beginning working. The main pieces of info are you social security number and your employer's. Once that link is made, taxes are automatically deducted (based on your income bracket) from every paycheck and YOU NEVER HAVE TO FILE TAXES!! ...unless of course you have other sources of income. You also check a few boxes like: im single, i rent, etc and any tax credits are factored in. So at least in my case, i don't have to deal with accountants, i don't have to learn H&R blocks new web interface, i don't have to install any tax software on my non-existent computer and i don't have to print and mail pages of tax forms which i don't understand (but am required to sign as if i do).

4 Comments:

  • At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Bart, its been awhile....

    I can't believe you would say something like that about taxes! Ireland is missing out....the challenge, the creativity, the fabrication of expenses! And who wouldn't want to deal with accountants? By far the friendliest and best looking profession out there!

    Also, just finished reading your adventure blog - what a great way to kill an afternoon at work!

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger Bartek Kunowski said…

    I think i've managed to kill many afternoons at work :P Glad to hear from you ian, hope all is well.

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Lisa & Ida said…

    I toatally understand you Bartek. It always start out quite clear... and then it becaomes the biggest mess. My form this year was a mess so I can only imagine what next years form will be like if I manage to get a job here in Spain.
    Anyways... Take care! Hasta Luego!
    // Ida

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home