Celtic Bart

my life ~ celtic tiger ~ random thoughts

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Got me a home

I've been in a mad rush over the last couple of days trying to find a place. There are lots of rooms going up for rent but I have quite a few requirements. I want something central, in a cool neighborhood with lots of shops and cafes. Also, I want to get by without a car, and since traffic is really bad in the city, buses are also out of the question. This leaves the DART (Dublin Area Rapid Transit) line as my only option which only has 3 stops in the city. Plus i want cool roommates that will let me have guests and yadda yadda yadda the list continues. The biggest factor has been time, i start work on monday and i don't want to be worrying about this or living in a hostel. Finally, i found a place, it's not perfect but good enough. Here is the house graded:
Location 10/10 - just of Baggot Street...lots of little shops, cafe's, best night life, beautiful Georgian arch and close to DART
House 4/10 - think student house without students
Room 2/10 - very, very small
Roommates 10/10 - of course i just met them once and this score can easily change, but i'll be living with 5 Spaniards in their 20's (3W & 2M + me)...this means a year from now i should be fluent in Spanish :)
Rent 6/10

1 Comments:

  • At 12:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    congrats!

    --chris

     

Post a Comment

<< Home