Celtic Bart

my life ~ celtic tiger ~ random thoughts

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Sharm, Sharm, Sharm

After a very long and relaxing time in Dahab, i made my way over to Sharm el-Sheikh. My whole life i've heard nothing but great things from egyptian friends back home, but after arriving egypt i would consistently get the opposite message from other backpackers. So, i decided to check it out for myself. Sharm in a nutshell: Take the tackyness of Las Vegas and mix it will a beach town, add world class diving, great nightclubs (like Pacha which i went to last night), add lots and lots of Russians (the stylish and beautiful kind) and raise the prices to european standards. So i guess the like or dislike of Sharm comes down to what you're looking for in an egyptian vacation. For me, I place it at the end of the list, luckily i only budgeted 1.5 days here. On the up side, instead of staying at one of the resorts, im couchsurfing with a cool English guy who's been living here for two years as a diving instructor. Tonight, I fly back to Cairo to meet up with my buddy ahmed for dinner and then back to chilly dublin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home