Celtic Bart

my life ~ celtic tiger ~ random thoughts

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Deep South

Just a short update today. My final day in Cairo was spent visiting Coptic Cairo with my buddy Ahmed. All was great except for the fact that he kept getting harrassed by the 'Tourist Police'. Aparently if an Egyptian wants to walk down the street with a tourist they need carry some special tourism card. I know this is probably for some greater good...but come on. After saying good-bye, i hopped on a night train with a gazzilion other tourists and woke up the next day in Aswan. Aswan is pretty far south down (or should i say up) the nile. Today i spent the day on the river...i had my own personal Faluka boat (old school egyptian sail boat). Yaman (the captain) worked like a dog all day while i sipped tea and took pictures...so i gave him a huge tip for his effort (and to ease my conscience).


El Capitan


Faluka Boat



Sunset on the Nile

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home