Celtic Bart

my life ~ celtic tiger ~ random thoughts

Friday, December 28, 2007

2007 in Review

There goes another year folks. It's been a great year now that I think back on it. Many great parties, lots of travellers and old friends stopping by my flat in Dublin, some cool vacations, running my small software company (www.baru.ie if you haven't heard of it!), fell in love for the third time in my life and discovered Facebook!!

I've been in Dublin for over a year and half now and have really settled down into the place. I've walked every street, been to 'almost' every pub, and really do feel like a local. I'll admit that im also starting to feel antsy, but when i leave for a few days i always feel great the moment im back in the dub. Something very comforting about knowing a city so well but at the same time i still recognize that it's a really special place to live...or should i say, a special place/time to live. For those who don't know, dublin his just over the peak of a huge boom in the economy, it's the 'youngest' population of any european capital and it's just filled with people from all over europe coming to study english work and party...mix in the traditional irish love of everything alcohol and you get the general picture. I can't say it enough, if you haven't been, go! And go now! I've had many people visit and everyone has gone back with a smile. So for 2008 - it's still gonna be ireland :)

I've taken number of trips this year. Started off with a failed attempt at going to Colombia which turned into a vacation in Malta and Poland. My hiking trip in Scotland was probably the highlight...excellent mix of cities, hiking and spending time with a close friend. On the sporty side of things, I've launched back into windsurfing with a trip to the canaries. On top of this was a bunch of weekend trips: Stockholm, Dusseldorf, London, Warsaw, Southampton and Riga. I already have travel plans for 2008! At the end of March I'll heading over to Egypt for three weeks. I've got a wedding in San Fran in february and finally but most importantly i've been given a 3 month leave of absence from work starting May so I'll be heading back to south america!

Another new thing for me this past year was opening my first business with a fellow coworker of mine. It's been an interesting roller coaster ride and i've learned quite a bit along the way. Im proud to say that Baru Software has done some really cool projects since we've opened 10 months ago and that's all thanks to our talented engineers. Our plan for 2008 is to continue the good work we've been doing and hopefully grow our team further.

And of course, the year finished off great with a week with my family in Toronto!

Well that's it for this year...im hopping on a plane tomorrow and flying to Amsterdam to finish off this great year with a bang! See you in 2008!
Bartek

2 Comments:

  • At 1:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    cool blog
    and by the way... nice balance of the year!

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bartek! Great to catch up with your year via your blog...sounds like it's been a great one. Congrats on starting the business - very exciting. I really admire the way you live your life. It's a shame more people don't do it like that. I actually consider it a bit of an honor to have met you. Don't let that go to your head.

    Best wishes for the new year!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home