Celtic Bart

my life ~ celtic tiger ~ random thoughts

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Week with the Parents

Today, after spending a really nice week in Dublin, my parents have left back to Canada. As always, it was great to see them again...they went home with lots of memories and photographs in addition to heaps of Guinness memorabilia. This past week was a busy one...i got to take a tour of the Guinness Brewery (great 360 degree view of dublin at the very end) and Trinity College (with one of the coolest libraries i've every been to). We also managed to sneek in a trip to Kilkenny, a small town a couple hours from Dublin. We randomly chose a very special day...kilkenny won the national hurling championship while were were there visiting. I think my parents had a great time and left having gotten a real sense for the irish culture and dublin life. I hope they will return again to see more of ireland.

In other news, i've purchased a wine rack and i've started building up my wine collection (the current goal is to fill it with cheap wine...). Also, my parents bought me a laptop for my birthday...thanks!! Now i'll be able to blog more, rent DVDs, and chat to people at later hours!! woohoo.













Mom & Dad drinking guinness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home