Celtic Bart

my life ~ celtic tiger ~ random thoughts

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Mind Mapping

A few months ago, a co-worker of mine introduced me a new way to organize my thoughts, tasks, and ideas...using a Mindmap. Although sceptical at first, I came around to the concept after a while and download some software that allowed me to easily draw my own mind maps. The product that i've been using on a daily basis for the last few weeks is called FreeMind - it's free, open source and written in Java...and most importantly easy to use. I have one mind map for work which i track all the open issues with various projects im managing, team members, customer requests, recruiting, and personal to-do (like a shopping list), plus other random tasks im working on. I used to have two large white-boards at my desk filled with all kinds of information, different colours, stars, circles and after a while it got to be too much; now everything is in my mind map. I've also found it to be a great brainstorming tool...i've been working on various business ideas over the last few weeks and it's amazing how easily such a tool allows you to properly document bursts of spontaneous thoughts. If you're a person with lots of things on the go...try it.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just saw your post on mind maps. If you like FreeMind, you should also check out MindManager- it has more features and capabilities that the application you're using now.

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Bartek Kunowski said…

    ...and it costs £200

     

Post a Comment

<< Home