Celtic Bart

my life ~ celtic tiger ~ random thoughts

Monday, February 12, 2007

Big Change

My colombia plans have gone up in smoke. I flew over to Madrid, where i met up with a group of americans and went out partying. We hit-up a few clubs, the best one being Capital...a 7 story club that was packed until the wee hours of the morning. The next day, i headed for the airport, hung over but on time. When it was time to checkin, the woman at the counter had trouble with my reservation, left for a while and then informed me the bad news. Apparently, Iberia Airlines has a strange policy which requires you to confirm your ticket purchase with 48 hours. If you don't, they cancel your booking and refund you - this is what happened to me. So i had no ticket to colombia, the next available fight was a few days away and would cost more. This compounded with the fact that i was already planning on cutting my vacation in half (from 4 weeks to 2) and i decided it was not worth it. With only 2 hours of sleep, it was probably one of the most stressful days of my life; so i checked into a nice hotel next to the airport and slept had a good sleep.

The next day, i purchased a ticket to warsaw and then gdansk (Poland). Im hanging out with my girl and having a great time.

Sometimes you just can't force something, life just decides to put you on another course and you just gotta go with the flow.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger Matteo said…

    What a shame!!! By the way, I'm sure you'll enjoy your trip to Poland even more... bye!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home